I apologize that I am just now blogging about the past two weeks of my life.
Let’s catch you up by hitting the highlights:
1. I visited my friend, Katie, in Atlanta… and it was awesome! I flew out on Thursday and came home on Sunday. We did all sorts of fun things like paint, shop, paint some more, eat at Zaxby’s (the South’s competition for Chick-fil-a), and hang out with her boyfriend, Nathan (if you know Katie, then you know I don’t use that term lightly). I honestly wish I could have stayed longer, but it just gives me an excuse to visit again.
2. I lost at Bunco. I haven’t talked about it in awhile, but the Bunco game I attend with my mom and sister is still happening every month. As a matter of fact, I think this fall marked our second year of playing together. I love the group and really look forward to playing each month… except when I go home empty handed! December’s game is being hosted at my Mom’s house, so I’ll have to help her set up and cook- maybe even take some pictures. Of course, now the pressure is on to have all the Christmas decorations up and in order in time!
3. Tank is learning to stay and to shake. Jake is pretty awesome when it comes to training Tank, but my claim to fame is definitely teaching him to shake. I’d like to think I’m primarily responsible for housebreaking him as well, but I hate to take all of the credit.
4. Some friends of ours recently bought a house (my dream house) which has made me uber focused on when we will be in a position to buy a home. I am not trying to compete with them or take away at all from this milestone in their lives; it’s just made me more aware of that Jake and I haven’t really given this much thought. It’s really not a big deal, except for the hours I spend online obsessively searching homes for sale. I’m so over the top in fact, that I’ve searched for them in every city we’ve ever considered living in, just for comparison’s sake. I’m a-ridiculous.
5. Our friend, Scott (aka Homo 3) got Lasik eye surgery. Everything went well, he can see… better now than before and without glasses or contacts. However, it is sort of weird to see him without his glasses; it’s definitely going to take some time to adjust. Also in regards to Scott, you may have read about him on E, Myself, and I’s Bachelor of the Week post awhile back but I am proud to say he is no longer a bachelor. I should have reported on this sooner, but time has escaped me. He is dating Hannah, the sweetest girl ever and I love their relationship. Period.
6. I’ve started running again and it’s painful, literally. I am so out of shape, but I told myself that before I spend $100 to register for the Shamrock half marathon I need to be able to follow the training program. Well, I’ve started it… and I’m dying. I suppose each run gets easier but I am terrified to train in the cold and I absolutely hate running on the treadmill. Sure, a couple miles on the treadmill isn't awful, but in a few weeks the program will require 5 to 6 miles and I can’t imagine it. Eck. For now, I’ve been running outside after work, but I’ve got to admit that sometimes I get a little scurred. I stick to well lit areas and keep telling myself that its just too many Criminal Minds episodes getting in my head. Another option would be to wake up early and run in the morning, but who wants to lose sleep if they don’t have to?
So, as you can see so much and so little has been going on in my life. I am hoping with the holiday and time off of work that I won't keep you waiting so long before my next post. Thanks for being a faithful "follower" and Happy Thanksgiving!