Saturday, November 5, 2011

confession

I debated whether or not to blog about this topic but figured whoever was still following my blog was probably a close friend or family member, and if that was the case then I'd probably tell you anyway.

So the big confession is that I've officially signed up for Weight Watchers- I weigh in and start counting points first thing tomorrow.  A friend of mine has gone through it both ways and said if you're honest then the online option is just as effective.  Since I'm sort of private when it comes to details about my weight and measurements I think online is the best choice for me personally.  Plus, another person at work is about 5 weeks into her online plan and has lost almost 20 lbs; I'm hoping her success will continue to motivate me and I get the feeling she'll be working to hold me accountable as well.

Right now I'm still working through my goals and learning their point system and how to make the most of their website tools.  I'd LOVE to lose 15 lbs. by January and am hoping that is realistic considering the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays will both hit before then.  All I can say is that I'm 10 lbs heavier then when I got married 2 years ago and I wasn't skinny mini then, so this is long overdue.

Wish me luck!  I suspect there will be more blogs to come about this uphill battle and hopefully some successes to share as well!

1 comment:

  1. Well best of luck to you! I'm ashamed to admit this, but I am an official Weight Watchers drop-out. You do learn a lot about what you should and shouldn't be eating, but I guess I just like food too much to follow the rules! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...