I really am awful when it comes to care taking. I like to think that's not the case, but anything over 24 hours and you've lost my interest. Don't get me wrong... for those first 24 hrs you feel like a king/queen, but after that you've lost your status. My concern has a limit and it's called time.
This makes me embarrassed and concerned for so many reasons.
1. I'd like to have kids (well maybe just one) at some point and I realize their issues/needs can't be contained to a single day. Bummer.
2. I have friends and family members that stay at home and have a gift for care taking and I can't even be patient with Jake and his broken foot for two weeks. It's true. I'm way over this injury and he still has at least another two weeks to go. kill.me.now.
3. My brief concern for people and their needs is a bit selfish and highlights how truly impatient I am.
4. The truth is, if Jake didn't wait hand and foot on me each time I got sick I'd be devastated. There is something about being on the receiving end of this treatment that makes you feel better. Can you say hypocrite?
5. This behavior isn't earning me much credit in the wife department- well just in general, I wouldn't even be appealing as a roommate at this rate. I don't clean up after myself, I don't like to clean up after others, I'm not a good cook, I enjoy 'me' time, if I could have sole control over the tv I would and I wouldn't think twice about it... oh, and you can add not being overly sympathetic for others in times of need to the list.