Wednesday, September 22, 2010

where has the time gone?

It has been far too long since my last post and that one slipped in after too much time as well! 

Its quite busy here but we knew walking into the Fall that we had plans every weekend.  However, having that understanding and handling it are two different things!  The worst part is that in the midst of the chaos, there haven't been too many noteworthy moments!!!  At least now you know why my blog has been slacking.

This weekend Jake has a triathlon at Smith Mt. Lake, so we're traveling that way and will be staying with friends in Roanoke.  I'm not sure when we'll get in or when we'll head back, but I am sure that the weekend will feel way too short.  A perk is that we will bringing Tank along!

I don't remember if I blogged about this or not, but at the end of August Tank took his first trip with us to Charlottesville.  After hearing our friends Jeff and Elizabeth were bringing their dog I convinced Jake that Tank should be able to come too.  With hesitation, he agreed but made it perfectly clear this would be a test and would determine his inclusion on future trips.  

Well, I'm proud to say Tanky Tank passed with flying colors.  He slept with me both nights in my sleeping bag and was very well behaved at the wineries.  Jake couldn't deny this so Tank has officially earned the right to travel with us... as long as the people we're visiting don't mind!

Trust me, we're not going to be those people who can't be separated from their dog, BUT when you're traveling pretty much every weekend you sort of feel bad pawning them off!  Right???


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to see you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just like to report that Jake has taken the top spot in your tally sidebar with 15 mentions. Work is a close second with 13, and puppy is falling in the 3rd position with 11 mentions. (Tank should watch his back, he's only above Twilight by one mention. Yikes).

    <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...