Tuesday, April 19, 2011

all over the place

Lately I have been all over the place, in more than one way.  We've been in town, out of town, in town but dog/house sitting, etc.  I haven't blogged because the things that have been racing through my mind and changing in my life haven't seemed noteworthy.  But, to reassure you that I haven't fallen of the face of the earth I'll shed some insight into a few of the things I've been thinking about and involved with lately.

1. I put in a request to keep Spring intern on for the summer and am fairly certain that won't be happening.  Bummer, I know!  She has been a HUGE help to me since January but extended her stay with us wasn't anticipated and as a result budgeted, so it doesn't look like it will happen.
2. I went to Fort Worth recently for an event and it was a very successful!  I am getting more active in the social spaces as a marketing tool and this event kicked those efforts into gear.
3. Speaking of social media, I am getting more active on Twitter and am loving it (for the most part)!  Two recent things  I've learned/seen via tweets include proof of Robert Pattinson and Kristin Stewart almost kissing and this article/video of Pete, a penguin from SeaWorld, walking through the aisle on an ordinary Southwest flight.
4. We submitted our intent to move out to our apartment community and have until May 31st to line something up.  I am not stressing over this because I know we'll find something and per a local realtor it doesn't take long at all to flip privately rented condos and townhouses in the area.  Fingers crossed we like our next home better than our first!
5. I am still obsessed with the movie, "Life As We Know It" and rented it for the SECOND time this past weekend.  I really want to just buy it, but it is still $20 at Target and I think thats crazy!
6. I had my first misplaced luggage experience when I traveled back from Texas and it wasn't so awesome.  I did learn that Delta will deliver your bag to your door, but didn't get to take them up on their offer since we were going to be in and out all day and leaving my suitcase with my life in it on our doorstep wasn't the best idea.
7. Club Tank appears to have dissolved.  The kids still like Tank, but I guess he's too big now at a whopping 16lbs for them to be totally enamored with.
8. Jake is 99% sure he is going to do a half ironman in Manteo this fall!  I'm super excited for him to work towards this!
9.  I started running again... and by running I mean I ran like 2 miles on Sunday.  I have been too sore to run again yet, but I've thought about it- so thats a step in the right direction!
10.  I'm getting serious about Jake and I traveling somewhere awesome that requires a plane.  I'll keep you posted on the progress!  Realistically, he has no vacation time since Haiti so it might be just me going somewhere, but I'm not opposed to another girl's weekend in Atlanta!

That's all I've got for now... I told you I've been all over the place!

2 comments:

  1. Sheesh! What a long wait for a blog update. I can't believe how busy you've been, and how much you left out of this post. Like Kim & Mark's wedding (CRAZY fun but CRAZY weekend), an amazing Seder dinner, and other stuff too. You are the busiest little bee.

    Get on g chat. Like, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the Atlanta weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...