Saturday, June 18, 2011

all done

I'm happy to report that the table I blogged about renovating last month is done, and considering  it was my first attempt at refinishing a piece of furniture I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Additionally, in light of being a first for me, the rule was that I couldn't spend a lot of money on it.  Which was fair because based on my history there was no guarantee that I would actually start the project or use the table when and if I ever finished it.  In keeping with the rules, the only items I purchased were sanding blocks (around $9) and glass knobs ($10).  The "butter" paint I borrowed from our neighbor and the rest came from my own blood, sweat, and tears... well just sweat, but still.

Here is a reminder of how the table looked when I found it:



And this is the finished product:


2 comments:

  1. Amanda, it looks SO good! For as much painted furniture as we have in our house, I've never actually refinished anything myself. BUT... This is going to be the week! I have an old desk in my basement and all the materials just calling my name! Thanks for a little inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Nice knobs, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...