Monday, June 20, 2011

something borrowed... and something blue

So far my summer reading is off to a good start- In a matter of days I finished Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Giffin  and LOVED them both!  In the scheme of things though, I'm sort of behind my one book a month goal and am hoping the summer months help me make up for it.

To start, BOTH books were quick and easy reads and were quite entertaining.  With sequels I feel like its easy to have a favorite, but I genuinely liked them equally.  I don't want to go into too much detail in case you haven't read them, so I'll simply share the storyline for both so you can decide whether you want to read it yourself!


Something Borrowed (which is now a motion picture) tells the story of Rachel, a Manhattan lawyer and average people pleaser, who ends up sleeping with her best friend, Darcy's fiance after her surprise 30th birthday party.

Despite wanting to put the whole thing behind her, Rachel realizes she has genuine feelings for Dex (the fiance) and spends the entire book trying to decide what to do about it.  The choice of ignoring her true love for him to spare her best friend's feelings torments her daily.  The more you learn about Darcy and Dex's relationship 
as well as Darcy and Rachel's you'll understand why the answer isn't so black and white.


Something Blue switches things up, revealing Darcy's perspective on things; including Rachel's betrayal, an unexpected pregnancy, and her sudden move to London .  Readers learn the truth behind Darcy's seemingly perfect life as the novel takes you through her ups and downs and her struggle to discover who she really wants to be.

My suggestion is to read them both by the end of summer... if of course, you haven't already!!!
  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...