Wednesday, February 29, 2012

midweek confessions

This week, I confess...

-I've spent way too much time searching for the perfect laptop bag.  I just can't find a nice bag that is big, but not too big and doesn't scream "I'm holding a computer!".   Oh, and would be great if it was either a nice tan leather OR one of my favorite colors with a shoulder strap.  Impossible?

-I just learned that I will be out of town on both my birthday and my anniversary this year for separate work events.  This is odd because my birthday is exactly a week before my anniversary and I usually don't have much going on in October at work.

-I went to Havana's for lunch yesterday and almost finished the half order of BBQ chicken nachos... by myself.  Let's just say that wasn't a point-friendly move.

-Speaking of food, I've been counting down to a friend's birthday dinner at Yardhouse tomorrow night.  I've even anticipated having a light dinner tonight and being really good tomorrow just to prepare for it.  Yep, I love Yardhouse that much.

-We have friends who moved to Hawaii this past summer and I've been thinking more and more how much I want to visit them.  The main thing to know about this couple is they have a baby on the way this June and I was sort of removing that factor from my mind so I could pinpoint the perfect time this summer to visit.  I mean new parents don't mind guests, right?

-I branched out and tried something other than the avocado cucumber roll from the Sakura Elite cart in the mall.  I ordered the "Number 6" which is one avocado cucumber roll and one sweet potato roll... and ladies and gentlemen, I think this might be my new regular order there.  Oh, and by "regular" I mean I may or may not let myself eat there once a week, but I'm not willing to fully disclose that information at this time (midweek confession or not).

-I'll admit I'm focused a lot on food these days (see the bagillion confessions on the topic above) and the pounds are much slower to come off, but I'm being patient and realize I still have a long way to go but have come a long way at the same time.

-Work is good, but busy.  I spoke too soon when I wrote my end of January post.  We'll see if slows down anytime soon.

-I haven't dusted a few pieces of furniture in months.  Gross.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad you joined in the confessing fun! By the way, your picture in your profile looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to link up for awhile, hopefully this won't be the first and last time! And thanks for the compliment, I'm getting there s.l.o.w.l.y.

      Delete
  2. I have never found a laptop bag I like. etsy is my next stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good suggestion! I was afraid of the quality, but then again I've seen some pretty nice things on there. I'm going to have to check it out!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...