Friday, July 30, 2010

Confession of a Blogger

Recently I posted a blog about gift registries and a couple in particular (who shall continue to remain nameless) who I thought could stand to ask for some nicer appliances. Is "toaster oven" ringing any bells?

Well to my surprise, said guy not only reads my blog but guessed that he was the person I was writing about. Eek!!! I was m o r t i f i e d. I always worried that something like this could happen and that is why I try to watch what I write about, but for whatever reason I was completely caught off guard. Don't worry, we're still friends, he said it made him laugh, but how embarrassing. The conversation actually took place over gchat and went a little something like this (abbreviated to keep your attention):
Anonymous male: Hey friend
Me: Hey, there... long time no talk
Anonymous male: I know, its been too long. This summer has flown by.
Me: I know what you mean!!! I feel like I have a ton to catch you up on!
Anonymous male: I bet, I try to keep up with your blog so I have an idea of whats going on in your life. I hope thats not creepy.
Me: No way! I write it so people can stay up to speed- I'm glad to hear you're reading it.
Anonymous male: Yeah, I read it when I remember to. By the way... the blog about the couple's registry... was that about me and ------?
Me: OMG!
Yes.
I am so embarrassed!
Anonymous male: No, don't be. I laughed hard when I read it.
Me: I still feel terrible.
But... I really do think you should ask for a nicer toaster oven.
It could have been worse. I could have said something much more offensive about something much more meaningful. Let's be honest, I rarely hesitate to speak my mind/offer my opinion- a characteristic I'm working on. This is not to say that I don't feel strongly about toaster ovens, because I do, but it could have been a more touchy topic.

Dear Anonymous male (you know who you are),
Thank you for letting me share my opinion about your registry and for letting me bring it up once more in this post. I'm glad you didn't take offense to my words and I'm even more glad that you are considering taking my advice. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...