Don’t worry it’s a loveless affair, but I have to admit… I’ve been spending time writing on another blog. I’m awful. I meant what I said in my last post about trying to get back into the groove, but with having to write for my company’s blog a lot lately, I’m drained. By the time I get home, the creativity is gone and I definitely don’t want to sit in front of a computer.
Do you forgive me? I hope so.
A few things have happened since Thanksgiving. There was of course the whole Black Friday experience, Tech won the ACC Championship, I made cookies and an apple crisp from scratch, we decorated our apartment for Christmas, and Jake started wearing his “Believe” t-shirt every day since December 1st.
In other news, I’m almost finished Christmas shopping & bought the most recent Twilight movie, Eclipse, but haven’t found time to watch it. Life’s tough.
Jake declared that he officially finished all of his shopping today, which has me intrigued. I sent him some ideas for gifts, but they were all niceties and not necessities, and if you know Jake then you know that if it isn’t practical he isn’t buying it. So I’m not sure what Santa is bringing this year. Here are some things from my wish list (of course, I don’t expect to get a single thing, let alone multiple things from it):
1. a new raincoat
2. the first Harry Potter book (I’m behind)
3. a scarf- I can’t get enough of them
4. one of those tervis tumblers with a lid for my sweet tea
5. bananagrams (fingers crossed Alison and Will pull through)
6. a framed picture of Tank for my desk (Jake has 3 pictures of Tank up at his work)
7. a shelf with hooks and baskets for our entryway, although I hate asking for house things for xmas
8. a few seasons of my newest obsession, Bones, on DVD (that actually wasn’t on a list before this one)
9. the Twilight ornament (of course!)
10. a Starbucks gift card to feed my chai tea addiction, with 2 pumps of Pumpkin Spice (I’m sort of hoping my mom gets a bunch of these from her students though, because she doesn’t go there and probably would share them with me instead)
Is it weird that I just shared things from my list? I thought it could make for a nice post Christmas blog. This way if I posted a picture from Christmas day holding my new Twilight ornament and tumbler up close with a huge smile you’d really appreciate it. Can you picture it? I can.