Monday, January 10, 2011

its the little things

Today has been a great day, actually the past few weeks have been great, and honestly, I can't say that any one thing in particular has been responsible for it... its just the little things.

1. I moved my desk which was/is an adjustment and I really like the people I'm sitting with.  They say that where a person sits directly influences the friendships they make and its true.  I've started having conversations with people I hadn't had much interaction with before and I really like them! This came at the perfect time as well, because the person I'd sat beside since I started over three and a half years ago, Meredith, left the company in December and her absence made me sad, it just wasn't the same.

2. I am making friends with the people in our community group.  I already knew some of them, but I feel like I'm making the effort to invest in getting to know them better and it's been great.  Jake says that sometimes I can be anti-social, which is partially true, so its been something I've tried to be conscious of.  For whatever reason, I can honestly say that I like each personality in our Wednesday night group and its been great getting to hang out with them more and see those friendships develop.

3. Tank knows how to jump through hoops... and by hoops I mean circles you make with your arms- its A W E S O M E!  Jake spent a lot of time teaching him this and it was well worth it!  We show every one his new trick and when he is focused, he gets really into it.  He'll jump back and forth, putting on quite the show for our guests.

4. My old roommates and good friends, Meredith and Stacy, both traveled into Va Beach unexpectedly over the holidays!  I only got to have lunch with Meredith, who now lives in St. Louis, but it was nice to even get an hour with her now that shes so far away!  Stacy and I on the other hand had a few hours to spend time together and it too didn't seem long enough!  I just love those girls and how we always manage to pick up right where we left off!  I almost forgot that Katie and Jill traveled in for the holidays as well, but I sort of expected to see them since their families live here!  Regardless, they are 10+ hours away, so any and all opportunities to see them I'll take!

5. I saw The Lion King on New Year's day with Jake and it was unbelievable.  Did I mention Jake went with me?  Also unbelievable.  It wasn't like other musicals I've seen, but it was just as good.  The cast and their costumes created the entire scene on stage; props were minimal.  I've never seen anything like it.

6.  I'm half way through Little Bee and am starting to really get into it.  Thank goodness too, I'm supposed to average reading a book a month per my 30 before 30!

7.  The company I work for announced today that they are allowing us to wear jeans at work every day!!!  Let me say that again, I'm allowed to wear jeans, starting tomorrow, to work EVERY DAY!!!  After that memo came out you couldn't have gotten the smile off my face!  We used to not be allowed to wear them at all, then we could for one day if we participated in different charity drives, next it moved to every Friday, then we got to wear them for two weeks straight starting after Christmas until the New Year, and now... well, you can read!

8. My friend Josh introduced me to this video.  Enjoy!


There have got to be more little things that have happened lately, but these are what are coming straight to mind!  Watch me have forgotten something huge and obvious... which sounds just like me! If that's the case you'll be hearing from me.  Actually, hopefully you'll be hearing from me more regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...