Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pride and Prejudice


I'm happy to report that, despite all that is still needed to prepare for the move this weekend, I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice and absolutely loved it!  Admittedly, I actually started reading it over two weeks ago and after only two or three days had gotten a few chapters into the third and final volume.  However, the distraction of the move and some much needed time helping my mom recover from surgeries (not one, but two) definitely contributed to my delay in finishing it.

If you haven't read it, I'd highly recommend doing so.  I understand the love story isn't realistic, but to be convinced otherwise isn't really the point.  Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy's gradual change in their opinions of each other and behavior as a result is fascinating to read and their constant banter is exciting to follow.  My only advice is to have a dictionary close by; if you overlook some of Old English words you could miss a clever comment or simple understanding of the time thats passed, etc.  This is definitely a book I know I'll have to read again, perhaps even annually.

1 comment:

  1. what do you have to do around here to get a new blog? new apt, new paint, new phone? none of it's real until it's been blogged about.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...