Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Windy City


Usually it takes me at least two weeks to unpack my suitcase from a trip, but recently I unpack it within a day or two... only to get it back down and packed a week later.  Ironic?  I think so.

Lately, it's been go, go, go in my world.  At times it's great and at other times I'm seriously tired.  Trust me, I'm not old, but I have noticed that I don't bounce back from trips the way I used to.  Perhaps it's because I'm traveling more, but perhaps not.  Regardless, it's starting to take it's toll.  Thank goodness after next week I have over a month before I see another plane.

However, the point of this post wasn't to complain but rather to share a recap from my most recent trip to Chicago.  I tried taking as many pictures as possible to document my time there, which was primarily spent in the hotel at the EVENT Marketing Summit.  I had an awesome time, despite not knowing a soul and hope to go back next year.

For those of you who don't know, I am a Marketing Manager and spend a lot of my time planning events (meetings and trade shows) for my company.  This conference inspired me to really think outside of the box with what I do and to challenge myself to take experiential marketing to the next level.  The insights shared from major brands touched on strategies beyond event marketing and it was completely inspiring.

See for yourself.
Tour Chicago by bike
The General Session
Quickmobile's booth- they make event apps
These pods are fully customizable and can be dropped off anywhere- The Body Shop chose NYC as it's test ground and did make overs right in the heart of the Big Apple
At the conference with my new, very short haircut




1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... I always wondered what the heck you did all day! :) So no Al Capone, Oprah, or deep dish pizza, I see.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...