Saturday, May 26, 2012

true story

Remember this less than awesome confession from not too long ago?  Well wouldn't you know I found myself there again- not literally at Just Cupcakes, but is Skinny Dip really any better?

It's busy.busy.busy at work right now and unfortunately that leads to stress... which leads to the consumption of a lot of sweets as a coping mechanism.  Trust me, I wish this wasn't my response but I've always turned to sweets when sad/stressed and it's a habit I've found extremely difficult to break.

One day last week I went straight from work to Skinny Dip; sampled almost all of their flavors; chose Frosted Cupcake; covered it with cookie dough bites, Reese's cup pieces, whipped cream, and cherries; checked out and made my way back to the car.  Did I mention it was pouring rain?  Well, it was and that didn't deter my mission in the slightest.  Nope.  I proceeded straight back to my car, shoveled my fro yo down my throat, listened to the radio, and posted to my Facebook wall that it'd be easier to stop stress eating if I were never stressed.  Little did the people who 'Liked' my post know exactly what that meant.  My guess is no one was picturing me sitting in my parked corolla in the pouring rain breathing easier with each bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...