Sunday, August 7, 2011

Seeing through new eyes

The title of this post might be bit dramatic, but it's true that I am seeing more clearly now that my glasses arrived. This is my first pair of glasses and they are basically just for wearing while driving at night and for the computer when my eyes feel strained.

I hadn't been to the optometrist in over four years and thought that with working in front of a computer all day for that time span it might be a good idea to make an appointment.  Honestly, I went in hoping to need glasses for driving (considering I've seen a need for awhile now) but when I actually started taking the tests I felt myself getting flustered as I made mistakes.  I tried telling myself that its ok to not see the dot every time or miss one letter out of the six, but the whole process made me anxious.  I was so ready to get out of there that it only took me (max) five minutes to pick out the frames. I know, right- ME of all people was able to get things done that quickly!  I must say knowing that only people at work and in my car late at night (Jake and Tank) will see them helped to care less about what they looked like.

To my surprise when I picked them up I didn't think they looked too bad.  I attempted to nonchalantly wear them at my desk, but this change to my everyday look got a lot of attention.  Thank goodness most of it was compliments with only one reservation (ahh hmm, Jake).  I don't think he minds them, but just isn't used to them yet or so he said repeatedly while looking at me on the computer.  Not to worry though he isn't the only one adjusting, I'm still getting used to them too.  Here's the pair that I ordered- they're not too bad, right?  

Issy & LA



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...