Well what do we have here? Looks like a successfully prepared shrimp, avocado, and tomato pizza to me. One day down, three more to go.
Truth be told, I got the recipe from Pinterest (they got it from Spice is Nice) and if I had to describe it in
three a few words I’d go with easy, fresh, and filling (but not heavy).
Jake gave it 3.5 out of 5 forks (5 being one of the best home cooked meals he has ever had). I’ll take it.
Directions below. Try it if you dare.
Shrimp, Avocado and Tomato Pizza:
1 pizza dough ball
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 T. olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella and/or provolone cheese
2 scallions, chopped
2 large tomatos, chopped and drained
1 t. adobo sauce or 1 t. finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (this ingredient adds a lot of spice, so feel free to opt against adding it or go for more if that's your thing)
10-20 medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 avocado, diced
1/2 a lime's juice
1. Preheat oven to 475°. Roll out the pizza dough, preferably on a pizza stone. Brush with 2 T. olive oil and 4 cloves of minced garlic. Then spread cheese evenly over the top.
2. In a medium sauté pan add 1 T. olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 cloves of garlic and stir until fragrant. Then add the shrimp to the pan and stir for a 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, scallions and chipotle peppers to the pan, and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes to soften the tomatoes and flavor the shrimp.
Note: The peppers will really add a kick, so if you don't like spice consider leaving them out.
4. Spread the shrimp mixture over the pizza and top with a little bit of cheese.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with cilantro and avocado. Squeeze lime juice over top of the pizza, let sit for 5 minutes, and then serve.