Wednesday, March 7, 2012

midweek confessions

I'm going to attempt week two of participating in midweek confessions over at a friend of mine's blog.  I don't feel like I have anything outstanding to share, but I'll give it my best shot.

-On Saturday morning I woke up to a clicking sound that I thought was Jake clipping his toenails.  Odd.  After listening to it for what felt like forever I got out of the bed determined to make him stop and save the little bit of his toenails that I assumed were left.  To my surprise, when I opened the bedroom door I was hit with a drop of water.  Yep.  I looked up and saw that we had a leak coming through our attic and it was slowly making a pool of water right on the carpet (I'm using "pool" lightly, it's more for dramatic effect).  Jake had to climb into the attic, move around our Christmas decorations, and temporarily patch it with duct tape.  It worked... and all I can say is I'm seriously glad it was a leak and was not an aggravated attack on Jake's toenails, they are short as it is.

-When I run with Tank I slow him down.  It's sad really.  He just looks back at me, encouraging with his little eyes to come on.

-Speaking of running, I tripped (and fell) on my run after work.  It wasn't the best way to kick start my running-after-work-routine,  but it happened and I hit the ground hard.  I ran walked away with a welt on my side, scratched hands, and a busted earphone.  For the record, I did eventually shake it off an ran another mile and a half.  But still... embarrassing.

-Still no computer bag.  Hopefully my luck changes before my two work trips in April.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Jake's solution to the drip problem-o was duct tape... so perfectly male.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...