Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Office Shenanigans... I'm bringing this back!

Well, initially when I posted about Office Shenanigans the thought was to keep the posts coming... but as you can see I haven't revisited the topic since August 17th.  I'm so lame.

However, now that some time has passed and I'm feeling motivated to blog more than I have been, this is a perfect time to bring the "series" back, or should I say start the series since there was only one story before now?  Shall we get started?  













Let's talk about AOL Instant Messenger, which I'm sure you've heard of.  Where I work it is strongly encouraged to set up an account for inter-office and more often inter-department communication.  We say its for ease in file sharing but really it allows for instantaneous conversation without having to get out of your seat or carry on a face to face conversation with your co-workers.  Genius. And we wonder why people are growing more and more dependent on email and less comfortable with phone calls.  BUT, this isn't even what I want to talk about, this was just to "explain" why we have it.  What I really want to talk about it what the above conversation.

First of all you should know that the Meredith (aka memobley) shares a cubicle wall with me.  Next you should know that these sort of messages aren't at all unusual to get.  I'm not sure why I initially assumed it was a misspelling- clearly she'd be using a greeting from the dark ages.

2 comments:

  1. HAHA...Oh the horrors of IM! Well stated Amanda! Now lets move onto "Pimping Your Cube"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should have taken before and after shots for Pimp Your Cube!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...