Friday, October 29, 2010


While I have neglected my blog recently, I absolutely, positively, cannot neglect this week’s featured colleague. And let me tell you why. Kimetha Hill is a dear friend (and also co-worker) of mine whose last day in the office was today. She’s packed up her corolla and is headed to San Diego on Sunday to pursue her dream of a writing career. She doesn’t have a thing set up but remains on schedule to cross the country in just 2 short days! What a leap of faith! I am so excited for her and I will be praying hard as she searches for a home and job as soon as her feet hit the west coast.


We’ve worked together for 2 years, but have gotten pretty close this past year. She has been a huge source of encouragement for me in my faith and a true accountability partner. I don’t know how many times I’ve shared stories of her faith to friends because she constantly blows me away. She is a beautiful person inside and out and her generosity and grace towards others is inspiring.

I will certainly miss our Monday morning chats before everyone else got in, having her listen to ESPN radio while working because she couldn’t stand to get behind, Power Hour, her sassy boots, our lunch dates with Tank, break dancing in her cube (well I danced, she laughed), and the light she brought into the office!

The good news is she isn’t dead… just moving, so that helps things. She also informed us that she’s getting a webcam so we can and will be video chatting.

I can’t wait to hear about her first writing gig in San Diego, I know there are a ton of people here supporting her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...