Friday, October 1, 2010

Walk a Day in my Damn Flip Flops

Recently my sister-in-law, Alison, was over visiting and shared some interesting news with me.  Apparently, she was talking (and drinking) with her friends recently after a bachelorette party and somehow my blog came up in the conversation.  She proceeded to pull it up for them to see and to read.  The best part about her sharing this with me, was that she started off her story with, "this might be mean, but..." which is never a good sign.

Anyway, she went on to tell me the various comments made as far as how many times I tagged Jake compared to Tank and God, and other things like that.  I was m o r t i f i e d.  I suppose my blog comes across as young and naive because I'm recently married and blah, blah, blah.  To some it might serve as entertainment and to others my tone and genuine enthusiasm might be annoying.  Truth is, I type like I talk and try to keep my posts upbeat.  I mean who follows blogs that are somber and overly serious?  Talk about a fun, quick read in your spare time... 

Either way, my thoughts are if you don't like what I write about... don't read my blog.  Honestly, I'm not overly concerned with the # of followers that I have or comments I receive- this blog is for venting/sharing and keeping friends and family in the loop.  So you can decide whether you want to take the time to visit my blog and "walk a damn day in my flip flops" or not (that's for you guys and you know who "you" are).

For the record, I'm not upset about the jokes made, I know it was all in good fun.  Oh, and I made sure to mention Alison by name in this post because I knew she'd love that... and the new tag with her name to track with her friends.  I know it might be mean but... 

2 comments:

  1. Will and I aren't sure if you're mad or not. So to show that we tell you things in honestly and love, he's going to write his 30 before 30. Which is hilarious and sad because it's 20 days away, so really, what's he going to put on there "go to work 15 more times... get my haircut before I'm 30" haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise I'm not mad, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't glad to hear Will made a 30 before 30!!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...