Monday, March 8, 2010

Can you feel the love?

Today was my mom's birthday and to celebrate we did the traditional cake, ice cream, and presents at the house...you're never too old for birthday presents! As expected, my sister and brother-in-law were in attendance, but surprisingly Jake was there as well. As a side note, Jake is earning quite the reputation for being absent from family events since we got married. I'm not actually sure how he manages to get out of it each time, but regardless I find myself flying solo and explaining again and again that he isn't there because he's off doing whatever.

Now, when both Dani and Jake are in the same place at the same time, it's only a matter of minutes before the sarcasm and sly insults spill out. To Dani's defense, she is always sarcastic-it's just her sense of humor, but for Jake there really is no excuse. It's all in good fun, but tonight it got just a smidge physical! I don't know what happened but through the banter I asked politely to get a picture of the two of them together for purposes of my blog. When I finally got the camera up and running (apparently this is a struggle of mine) I looked through the lens to see them "playfully" fighting. Next thing I know, Dani is all red and pointing to her mangled wrist...still no explanation on this from Jake. Then after a few seconds of peace they decide to try posing for the camera again- after another failed attempt, Jake walked away a little sore and protective of his man parts. There is no blow to low for my sister!

What's the worst part about all of this? I didn't even get a picture!

As a side side note, when Jake asked me what I was blogging about and I told him, his response was, "Are you blogging about that your sister is an ass?" Can you feel the love?


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... you tell that doofnut husband of yours that he is lucky that my wrist has healed, and if he wants to see an ass, he needs to look in the mirror. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha Dani, that means he loves you. And that you need to learn to fight back more quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...