Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Alright, I know I've been talking about this a lot recently in my blog, but it's that time for Jake and I to decide whether or not to renew our lease and it is proving much more challenging than anticipated! We've been going back and forth...and back and forth and there still has been no resolution. Here is the issue, plain and simple- I want to move, Jake wants to stay. Need I say more?

I've tried to make the idea of staying in our current apartment more appealing by thinking of the different things I can do with it, but at the end of the day I still find myself curious as to what else is out there. I definitely see where Jake is coming from and some of his points are valid, but so are mine. Usually when these types of decisions arise, if we're not in total agreement one party eventually comes around. With this particular situation, neither of us is budging...we just don't see eye to eye.

I know we're blessed to have the apartment that we have- there are worse things, but this comes down to that I need change. A home to me has so much more meaning than it does to Jake, and I'm seeing that now. I don't feel like you have to own something for it to feel like home...and I'm glad I don't think that way because we'd be "homeless" for the next few years!

Let's be honest, our current apartment provides everything we need...just not everything we want. Is it a crime that I want to have more than one bathroom? All I want to do is get ready in the bathroom (since there isn't space in our bedroom) without Jake pooping in there at the same time! Who wouldn't want that "luxury"??? I'd also like the option to grill when it warms up and it would be nice to have more than one story to create a sense of separation between common space and bedrooms (especially since those rooms are a WRECK). I don't think I'm a bad person for having these wants, I just don't.

For all you experienced renters and/or home buyers, any advice? Maybe you're recently married and have advice on how to approach this first-time stand off...if so, I'm all ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...