Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sleep is for the Fortunate

I'm going to just come out and say that I have not been sleeping well lately (well, since I got married and started sharing my queen size bed). Jake and I have tried switching sides, adding pillows...trading pillows, etc. etc. and nothing seems to be working.

Fact: When you get married you don't all of a sudden welcome the opportunity for constant cuddling.

Fact: No matter where Jake rests his pretty lil head when he first goes to sleep it will DEFINITELY end up on my pillow by 2:00am.

I don't want to sound like a brat but I don't want to share my pillow...or my side of the bed. It is the worst feeling to wake up to heavy breaths on the back of your neck because in the past few hours someone has somehow moved within inches of you- gross!

On top of that, I'm a tosser and a turner. However, unlike Jake I manage to do so without breaching the middle of the bed border. I think one of the reasons I wake up every night is that amidst my moving back and forth, it is guaranteed that when I go to turn and face Jake's side I will turn to really face one of the following::

1. Jake will already be too close for comfort- I know this because I can feel my breath hit him...that is too close.

OR

2. (and possibly worse) He will already be facing my direction, breathing with his mouth open...no snoring, but definitely mid-sleep/almost morning breath is coming out- also gross!

So there it is, a snapshot of my sleepless nights. Jealous? I didn't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...